Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Here

Tim, Hannah and Sparky
~the first of our Halloween portraits~

I survived (barely, and with the help of some really great friends!) the week of putting Penumbra together at the gallery and the show opening itself.
And yes, I've been asleep almost continually since the reception Saturday!

I've been editing photos from the reception today so that I can share some of the wonderful Halloween art hanging in the gallery right now. I'll share a little each day...don't want to give away too much!

a few of the decorations from the main gallery

Today I'd really just like to express my gratitude to the friends who helped me out last week.
I was stressed over things not going just right, and as you may know, stress causes lupus symptoms to worsen, which in turn causes me to be susceptible to whatever is floating around.
Of course, I got sick with some sort of flu-like bug. Then my great-aunt died. Almost time for the opening, and I'm falling apart.

a selection of works from Ruth Allen

Enter my friends Nancy and Linda (and Linda's son Nick). They helped us to get everything on the walls and heavy stuff moved. Exhaustion has completely engulfed me by Friday night. My friend Teresa comes along, takes one look at how pitiful the second gallery appears, and drops what she's doing for an upcoming show, creating all manner of wonderful decoration.
Thank you all! I couldn't have done any of this without you!

Artwork by Chris Grant

Off now for more rest---gearing up to man the gallery
on Halloween night! There's a parade scheduled in downtown Athens called the Wild Rumpus (is that any indication of what I can expect??) that ends right by the studios. We'll be offering our Halloween portraits through that late hour.
And by the way, the studios/galleries are open afternoons and evenings through Halloween, or by appointment. Call us at 706-540-2712 or 706-540-2727.

1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

My wish for Wednesday has already been granted. A friendship forged from a rocky start becomes stronger. Now my inventory increase becomes really important.