Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Halloween Fun!



I know; I know it's late in the season, but I simply can not resist!
I have the gallery space available (at my husband's studio in Athens); I have several Halloween projects of my own in the works, and oh my goodness....who doesn't love to cut loose and play at Halloween?! I'm not sure which I love best, Halloween or Christmas...hard to say.

This is also a great way to introduce Tim's studio to the community. He just recently set up shop in downtown Athens.

My oldest son Parker coined the event name Penumbra---
Pronunciation: \pə-ˈnəm-brə\
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Latin paene almost + umbra shadow
1
: a space of partial illumination (as in an eclipse) between the perfect shadow on all sides and the full light
2
: a surrounding or adjoining region in which something exists in a lesser degree : fringe
3
: something that covers, surrounds, or obscures : shroud a penumbra of secrecy

Of course, the original name that he came up with was perfe
ct--- Delirium Nocturnum---
until I realized it was the name of a beer.
But come on! Delirium, a nod to one of our favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, and combined with nocturnum? Crazy Night?!! Perfect!
However, Penumbra.....it's a keeper. Great one Parker! Than
ks!

We plan to accept artwork (any media; ready to hang/display) up until October 21.
Then we'll have a reception (open to the public, free admission) on Saturday October 24 at 7 pm.
All artwork will be available for sale, unless otherwise indicated. The exhibit will remain until Halloween evening.

If you'd like more information, or would care to participate, give me a call or email; we'd love to share our Halloween frivolity with you!
And please do help us to spread the word!


1 comment:

Greyson Parker Marcotte said...

You failed to illustrate that I was not blatantly plagiarizing the Belgium brewed beverage...we can't all be aware of who's previously picked the fruits from the tree of the Collective, can we?