Thursday, September 10, 2009

Separated at Birth?

Nah...not when you look more closely.


There was some discussion about whether the drawing I'd included on my I'm All I Need post was me or my daughter Hannah.
The drawing was based on a photo of me at age 12.
Above are some photos of Hannah and me, side by side for comparison.

I've been using the photo of the 12 year old me in an ongoing project; I consider that image me at my most perfect, before I "forgot" who I was.

I borrowed the idea from artist Nic Hohn in the March/April 09 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.
I removed the color, then blew out the contrast in the photo using Photoshop Elements. I erased my hair, then made multiple copies of the new, "blank" me.
I've enjoyed playing with the image in a special journal, exploring various aspects of myself, even creating and trying on new identities. The more I play, the more I learn about myself.
I'll share more from this journal later on.

No comments: