Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Wednesday

and that means Wishcasting on Jamie Ridler's blog.
Today ---- what luxury do you wish for?

My first inclination, the first thought that hit me-- The luxury of generosity, being able to give to others the way that I would like to.
The second thought was shame, because of the painful realization--- Generosity should not be a luxury! We shouldn't feel that we can only give when we have the money!
True generosity comes from the heart, not the wallet.

And so I feel ashamed....so often I feel the inclination to create something for someone, to send them a note, even just give them a call, but I don't. More often than not it's a lack of time, nothing to do with finances.

Look at that beautiful photo above----this is what my world looks like right now during my favorite time of the year; I feel blessed.
Today is my birthday, and it's been fabulous! My family has given me some wonderful, thoughtful, very personal gifts---a serious pair of scissors (that had better not EVER be seen in anyone else's hands!), a gorgeous Alphonse Mucha print, a Led Zeppelin pictorial history, an itunes gift card, even a Lisa Frank kitty cat folder (don't ask...ancient inside joke). My oldest son is taking me to lunch at the Grit in Athens. And I love Facebook today---I didn't realize I had so many friends until they all started wishing me a happy day!

Thank you Jamie, for opening my eyes today ......to gratitude and the luxury of generosity.
I wish for all of us the luxury of generosity.

17 comments:

Sulwyn said...

Happy Birthday! As Jennifer wishes, I wish for her also!

learningbarefoot said...

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful wish- it sounds to me like you already indulge in that glorious generosity you wish for. May it it grow and deepen, satisfying your grateful heart.

As Moon Mama wishes for her celebratory self, so I wish for her also on this amazing anniversary of her birth.

(I can so relate to the serious scissors- what a fabulous gift!)

Kathryn Costa said...

Happy Birthday to you! As Jennifer wishes, so I wish for her. There is nothing like a good pair of scissors. Generosity is a wonderful gift to share with the world.

Karen D said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Enjoy your birthday. May you always allow generousity into your life.

Betsy Brown said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer - sending you an abundance of birthday blessings!

As Jennifer wishes for herself, the luxuries of generosity and time, so do I wish for her as well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I blissfully wish for her also.

CP said...

Awww YAY! Happy Birthday Love!
~As Jennifer wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Jennifer♥
~Shamsi

Holly said...

Jennifer, how wonderful for you to have your natal day fall this year on Wishcasting Wednesday!

As you wish today for yourself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for you, also.

I so get this. I just opened up my birthday book only to be reminded that I've forgotten some pretty important people and so now I have to get on it and send belated wishes.

It's never too late to do something nice, though, right?

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Happy Birthday!
As Jennifer wishes for herself, I so wish for her as well...

Pennie said...

A very happy birthday to you :)

As Jennifer wishes for herself on her very special day, I joyfully wish for her also.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer! So glad you're having a fun and enjoyable day. (BTW, the leaves are starting to turn here, too—must be further south than you are.)

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

-TimK

Diva Kreszl said...

As Jeenifer wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are a kind and generous soul!

Genie Sea said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! :)

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! :)

May you follow through on your impulse for generosity :)

Pamela Sweet said...

A very happy birthday to you, Jennifer!! What a kind and generous heart you have to wish this wish.

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Sarah Lulu said...

As Moon Mama wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

AND a very Happy Happy Birthday to you. xxxx

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Sending luxurious birthday wishes. As Moon Mama wishes for herself, so do I.

MaryLynn Phillips said...

Hi Jen, this is my favorite time of the year too. But it's weird because it's my sickist time of the year also. My allergy symptoms get a lot worse and this time of year is when I have the hardest time with depression. Did you know that through out September, we lose 30 minutes of light a week. I think that has something to do with my depression being worse. The colors are so beautiful and the air starts to have that crisp feel. And then there are the fairs and the festivals and of course there's Holloween! Hope to see you Fri at the game!