Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What Do You Wish to Be Gentle With Today?

Georgia pollen, actual size
No wonder we're all suffering so! ;)

Seriously, I haven't had such a rough spring as far as allergies go....a little bit of a stuffy nose, and crunchy eyes first thing in the morning....not nearly so much as most Georgians are suffering right now.

I've been sick since Monday, thinking it was just another lupus-thing, compounded by allergies, until I started running a fever last night. That's when I knew--- this is a COLD.

Having lupus/fibromyalgia, I have to be extra careful with even little things like colds.
I tend to push myself to keep going, rather than wallowing in my pain or weakness, but I'm learning (after HOW long?!)....I HAVE to take it easy sometimes!

When Jamie asked today "what do you wish to be gentle with", my answer was obvious---
I wish to be gentle with myself!
And I'm betting that "myself" will be the number one answer on the Wishcasting circuit today!
I'm learning that I need to be gentle with myself far more often than I allow, but I especially need it when I am sick, or it can lead to serious complications.

So it's another cup of peppermint tea and back to bed for me.
Go and enjoy this gorgeous spring day for me!


13 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
Wow that is some big pollen!! I have heard from several friends that the pollen is wicked this year! Has not hit here as of yet. Hon..I agree..you need to be gentle with you!! Wow what a platter you have to manage! Sending a bit of Reiki and gentle hugs your way!! Namaste, Sarah

Diva Kreszl said...

there is certainly a common thread amongst our wishes today, it seems we all need to be kinder to ourselves! as you wish for yourself dear one I so lovingly wish for you also!

Sulwyn said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. With all of that on your plate, please do take the time to be gentle with yourself! I know that what I'm going through would be a heck of a lot less painful if I had taken the time to be gentle and take care of myself when it first started to raise its ugly little head instead of pushing on and trying to outrun it. Enjoy that tea!

brandi said...

~oh my goodness...attack of the pollen...i have never seen anything quite like it...yikes! embrace yourself with gentleness and much nourishment...sometimes it is hard to accept putting ourselves first and you more than many need to do just so...as Jennifer wishes for herself so I wish for her too...warm wishes and brightest blessings...rest up my dear~

Lis said...

okay, that pollen "ball?" has my sinuses reeling! allergies + hormones + excitement after a long winter = rollercoaster ride for sure!

and yes, it does seem we all need to live the lesson of being gentler with ourselves ...

i hope your peppermint tea is working its magic!

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

LissaL said...

The pollen is everywhere isn't it? I wake up to a nice layer of it on our above ground pool. Hope you are feeling better soon!

As Jennifer wishes for herself, i wish also.

Rochelle said...

Sometimes I like getting a cold simply because it FORCES me to be gentle with myself and not push myself to do too much - so enjoy! (but feel better soon!).

As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

" M " said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself , I wish for her also.

Sherri said...

That is huge pollen! As Jennifer wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Kate Robertson said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself, I wish for her also! Yes you are right it seems like we all need to be gentle with ourselves. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Jennifer,
As fibro sisters we know we need to be gentle with ourselves. It's a nice yet windy day in South Florida.
I too had the "cold". I was very good at babying myself and had alot less pain because I did so.It after the cold, we experience more pain because we try to make up for "what we didn't get done" when we were sick. As Jennifer wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Sarah Lulu said...

Get well soon!

As Jennifer wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also. xx

Librarian Lee said...

As Jennifer wishes for herself, I wis for her also. Drink that tea. What a world this will be as we all practice gentleness with ourselves.