Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Art Every Day??!!

Yes, I realize it's Day 3, almost Day 4, but I haven't posted because I've been busy creating!

November is Art Every Day Month at Creative Every Day.
I'd decided months ago, when I discovered www.CreativeEveryDay.com and couldn't keep up with the monthly challenges, that there was no way I'd consider participating in Art Every Day for a month! Come on---this is my busiest time of year; I just finished up an exhausting show; I have 2 daughters' birthdays to prepare for, a holiday coming up, oh and what about Christmas coming way too fast??!

What about turning this idea around?
What if I just documented all the projects that I have to complete anyway, blog about them and link up with CE as often as I could?
Sounds like a plan, eh?

SO, I started out the month with a bang---
I combined Art Every Day, Jamie Ridler's full moon dreamboard AND Lisa Rough's Dream Wheel for not one, but TWO dreamboards for the first two days of the challenge.


Can you tell where my head is? Or my heart?
I've been feeling a little lost, I suppose...trying to remember who I am, and where I'm supposed to be heading.
The first wheel has a mountain view background that I shot in Waterton Park (on the Montana/Alberta border), with a portion of an Anne Brigman photo (never heard of Anne Brigman? Look her up! Fascinating work from the early 20th century).
The second wheel, a bit more fantasy/fairy tale---Rapunzel strokes her gorgeous auburn locks, with a fairy tale castle in the background. The quotes -- "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending" from Maria Robinson, and "Women lose their lives not knowing they can do something different. I claimed myself and remade my life. Only when I knew I belonged to myself completely did I become capable of giving myself to another, of finding joy in desire, pleasure in our love, power in this body no one else owns" from Dorothy Allison (Thanks to Kathryn at CollageDiva.com for that one). Other accents urge "Take your turn" and "Whatever you're dreaming, It's time."

Both of these pieces felt good; I felt something opening up inside me (heart and soul memory?) as I completed them during this full Frost Moon.

DAY 3---GETTING READY


Since there are 2 birthdays to manage, I'm working on 2 art journals. One would think those projects would last me the entire month, but no! I have to hurry and finish them by the 15th!
Here is where I started:

Necessities
notice the 90% chocolate is included!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love your board and wheel :-) going to check out the sites you linked I've never tried my hand at art in any serious way but would love a new creative outlet.

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

May your dreams come true!